“Here’s a few things you’ll need to know if you wanna be my one and only all my life…”
Thank you Meghan Trainor for releasing a song that describes some, if not the majority, of the things most women want from their boyfriend/fiancé/or current husband. Granted this is just a song and it is not meant to be something to base your relationship on, but the more I listen to the song, (why does the song have to be so catchy?) I think about what I would want my future husband to know, before he takes one knee.
- I’m not always right, but I’ll act like I am. Don’t just agree with me.
- I’m not huge on PDA. I’m not going to have a make out session with you on the mall bench. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want to hold your hand, wrap our arms around each other and exchange an occasional kiss.
- Call me crazy, but I don’t need or want to have sex with you every time we have time to spare.
- SUPPORT ME. I change my mind about everything. Do your best to lead me in the best direction and just support me.
- Spend time with me. We don’t have to go to 5 Star restaurants or anywhere at all, but I need to feel like you want to be around me. I’m not an independent person, I don’t like to spend all my time alone.. I’ll go crazy left alone with my own thoughts.
- Don’t ever call me names or raise your voice at me. Ever.
- Know that I’ll go above and beyond to do things for you and to keep you happy. If I ask you to do something for me, don’t act like it kills you.
- I have insecurities, don’t point them out for me.
- Don’t be lazy. Lazy days are okay, but when it’s 6 out of 7 days a week, I can’t deal with that. If that’s you, then we can’t work out.
At the beginning of this article, you probably thought I was just going to praise Meghan Trainor’s song, didn’t you?
Anywho, this is just a little something that’s been on my mind lately.