I’ve been meaning to do a DIY post for like weeks now. Honestly I haven’t because I didn’t do a good job at taking pictures through any of my projects. I need to work on that. Anyway, this is just a short little post.
So we moved into a bigger apartment about a month ago. Luckily our landlord is super cool, so I can paint, hang decor, basically anything that doesn’t destroy his building, which you know, that’s understandable. I did this same DIY project in our other apartment, so I had to do it again because it turned out so well.
Painting our front door.
Rust, dents, chipped paint… just awful. So I decided to go with a flat black. Best decision I’ve ever made. I’m all for making colorful statements with front door paint colors, however that looks a little weird with apartments when only one door stands out. So I used this paint by Rustoleum.
I used a can for each side of the door, it’ll take two coats of paint. They have bigger size of cans, but for some reason I don’t buy those. Here’s an after picture.
SO MUCH BETTER!!! Doesn’t even look like the same door. Up close you can see my little mistakes and the dents, but from a fat it looks amazing. So much better than the ugly rust and scratches.
Fun fact: the wreath is DIY too. I’d make a post about the Eadter wreath but I totally winged it…but look at that beautiful bow!! 😉